Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

Beautiful Poem – "I'M MALAK-UL MAUT "

A poem I thought i'll share...
Very touching
Beautiful Poem – "I'M MALAK-UL MAUT "

It was early in the morning at four,
When death knocked upon a bedroom door;

Who is there? The sleeping one cried,
"I am Malak-ul Maut (Angel Of Death) let me inside";

At once the man began to shiver,
As one sweating in deadly fever;

He shouted to his sleeping wife,
"Don't let him take away my life";

"Please go away, O Angel of Death!,
Leave me alone; I'm not ready yet;

My parents and family on me depends,
Give me a chance, O please prepense";

The angel knocked again and again,
"Friend! I'll take your life without a pain;

Its your soul Allah requires,
I come not with my own desires";

Bewildered, the man began to cry,
"O Angel I'm so afraid to die;

I'll give you gold and be your slave,
Don't send me to the unlit grave";

"Let me in, O Friend", the Angel said,
"Open the door; get up from your bed;

If you do not allow me in,
I will walk through it, like a Jinn";

The man held a gun in his hand,
Ready to defy the Angel's stand;

"I'll point my gun, towards your head,
You dare come in, I'll shoot you dead;

By now the Angel was in the room,
Saying, "O Friend, prepare for your doom;

Foolish man, Angels never die (except when Allah will give death to everyone on day of Qayaamat),
Put down your gun and do not sigh;

Why are you afraid, tell me O man?,
To die according to Allah's plan?;

Come smile at me, do not be grim,
Be Happy, to return to Him";

"O Angel! I bow my head in shame,
I had no time to take Allah's Name;

From morning till dusk I made my wealth,
Not even caring for my own health;

Allah's command I never obeyed,
Nor five times a day I ever prayed;

Ramadhan came and Ramadhan went,
But I had no time to repent;

The Hajj was already Fardh on me,
But I would not part with my money;

All charities I did ignore,
Taking usury more and more;

Sometimes I sipped my favourite Wine,
With flirting women I sat to dine;

O Angel! I appeal to you,
Spare my life for a year or two;

The Laws of Qur'an I will obey,
I'll begin my SALAAT this very day;

My Fast and Hajj I will complete,
And keep away from self-conceit;

I will refrain from Usury,
And give all my wealth to charity;

Wine and wenches I will detest,
Allah's oneness I will attest";

"We Angels do what Allah demands,
We cannot go against His commands;

Death is ordained for everyone,
Father, mother, daughter or son;

I'm afraid this moment is your last,
Now be reminded, of your past;

Do understand your dreadful fears,
But it is now too late for tears;

You lived in this world, two score and more,
Never did you, your people adore;

Your parents, you did not obey,
Hungry beggars, you turned away;

Your two ill-gotten, female offspring,
In nightclubs, for livelihood they sing;

Instead of making many more Muslims,
You even made your children non-Muslims?;

You did ignore the Mua'dhin Adhaan,
Nor did you read the Holy Quran;

Breaking promises all your life,
Backbiting friends, and causing strife;

From hoarded goods, great profits you made,
And for your poor workers, you underpaid;

Horses and cars were your leisure,
Moneymaking was your pleasure;

You ate vitamins and grew more fat,
With the very sick, you never sat;

A pint of blood you never gave,
Which could a little baby save;

O Human, you have done enough wrong,
You bought good properties for a song;

When the farmers appealed to you,
You did not have mercy, 'tis true;

Paradise for you? I cannot tell,
Undoubtedly you will dwell in hell;

There is no time for you to repent,
I'll take your soul for which I have been sent";

The ending however, is very sad,
Eventually the man became mad;

With a cry, he jumped out of bed,
And suddenly, he fell down dead;

O Reader! Take moral from here,
You never know, your end may be near;

Change your living and make amends,
For heaven, on your deeds depends;

If this poem inspires you,
It can help someone else too;

No comments: